Hisgot sa Wikipedia:Embahada

Add topic
Active discussions
This page is for those who do not know Cebuano. You can write your questions, comments and suggestions below about the Cebuano Wikipedia, and users will try to answer them. Please note that majority of Cebuano-speakers are conversant only in either English or Filipino (besides their native language, of course).
Itong pahina ay para sa mga hindi nakakapag-Sebwano. Maaaring ilahad ang mga tanong, puna, at mungkahi ukol sa Wikipedya sa Sebwano, at susubukan silang sagutin ng mga manggagamit mula sa Wikipedyang ito. Punahin lamang na ang higit na nakararami sa mga mananalita ng Sebwano ay bihasa sa Filipino o Inggles lamang, kung hindi ikakabilang ang kanilang sariling wika.
Esta página es para los que no hablen cebuano. Abajo puede escribir sus preguntas, comentarios y sugerencias sobre la Wikipedia en cebuano y los usuarios de esta Wikipedia tratarán de contestarlos. Por favor, note que la mayoría de los cebuanohablantes habla sólo filipino o inglés, además de su lengua materna, por supuesto.
Arkibo
Mga arkibo
  • Arkibo 1 (Nov. 14, 2005 - Marso 10, 2017)

Drawing attention to Wikipedia:TubaanUsba

Hello. I'm trying to draw attention to a thread I opened over at Wikipedia:Tubaan regarding the deployment of InternetArchiveBot. I welcome user input about whether such a bot is welcome. Please also translate the proposal if possible. Thank you.—CYBERPOWER (talk) 19:02, 19 Abril 2017 (UTC)

What does this bot do?

Josefwintzent Libot (talk) 11:07, 11 Nobiyembre 2017 (UTC)

Merge : Beyne-Heusay (lungsod) & Beyne-Heusay (parokya)Usba

Hello, sorry for writing in English, please feel free to translate this.

I don't know why Lsjbot made two articles about this municipality but you should merge these ones, delete the disambiguation page and join the result to this element on Wikidata. Regards, Reptilien.19831209BE1 (talk) 06:31, 2 Mayo 2017 (UTC)

The bot has not made two articles about this municipality. It has made one article about the municipality, and another article about the en:Urban agglomeration with the same name. Administrative units and urban agglomerations are two distinct kinds of entities, and should not be merged, even if they may happen to coincide geographically in some cases. Lsj (talk) 07:21, 2 Mayo 2017 (UTC)

Confusion over edits made by LTA IPsUsba

I am confused whether or not if the contributions made by 180.191.0.0/16 (all IPs in this range) and 180.190.118.99 are vandalism or not. I reverted the edits of 180.190.118.99 on Dipolog, but undid that revision in confusion. I undid that revision too, I just couldn't tell if it was good or bad faith. Any help? --Zaenon (talk) 03:16, 4 Hunyo 2017 (UTC)

I forgot to mention that the IP and range were globally blocked by RadiX for "Long-term abuse" --Zaenon (talk) 03:18, 4 Hunyo 2017 (UTC)
OK... here on cebwp somebody is adding articles about radio stations, and linking to these articles from the cities where the station is broadcast. Sometimes an IP in that range is used, sometimes an account is created for the purpose. I have not regarded this as vandalism. Should I? Googling a random couple of radio stations, they seem to be legit at least. Lsj (talk) 16:08, 4 Hunyo 2017 (UTC)

Merge Kløfta (lungsod) and KløftaUsba

Please merge Kløfta (lungsod) and Kløfta. It's the same village in Norway. Mbch331 (talk) 11:30, 17 Agosto 2017 (UTC)

Merge Königsbronn (munisipyo) and Königsbronn (kapital sa munisipyo)Usba

It's the same village. dadosch (talk) 28/11/2017

WikiScienceCompetition 2017Usba

Hi! Wiki Science Competition has started, sitenotices have appeared for sure in Spain, Austria, Russian Federation, USA and Ukraine, and Italy will be join very soon with a massive national campaign.

As a member of the academic committee I did my best to reduce the gap between countries both in the composition of the juries and now in the outreach. I did inform many platforms (enwiki, eswiki, frwiki) during the preparation of the event, now I am informing all national institutions, associations and federations of science and technology I can contact, especially those located in countries without national juries (so, also in the Philippines), I am posting notes on LinkedIn groups everyday, and I am contacting national chapters and user groups.. and so on. That's why I am here.

We prepared banners for many countries but on meta they say it is not wise to use them all, so if you want to use the style and do one here on your wiki for few days, just let us know. In your case the banner is not country-specific so it is generic.

Otherwise, if you have social media and you want to inform your friends and colleagues, the twitter hashtags are #WSC2017, #WikiScience2017, #WikiScience

Thank you in advance and whatever you do (join, inform, ignore) have fun!Alexmar983 (talk) 06:03, 4 Nobiyembre 2017 (UTC)

Page of Italian city Busto ArsizioUsba

Hello, I'm an Italian user. I noticed that this wiki has 2 voices for the italian city Busto Arsizio: this one, Busto Arsizio (munisipyo), which is correct, and this one, Busto Arsizio (kapital sa munisipyo), that I don't understand, but I think it is wrong or useful. Who can help me to understand the meaning of this second page? Thank you, --Moxmarco (talk) 17:13, 16 Disyembre 2017 (UTC) P.S. If you answer, please tell me also with a message on my discussion. Thank you

It looks like it's a duplicate entry. I will tag both entries suggesting that they be merged into one article. --Harvzs (talk) 09:31, 19 Disyembre 2017 (UTC)
Thank you :) --Moxmarco (talk) 11:37, 19 Disyembre 2017 (UTC)

Italian Language version of your Embassy welcome messageUsba

  :Questa pagina è per quelli che non conoscono la lingua Cebuana. Potete scrivere le vostre domande, commenti e suggerimenti sulla Wikipedia in Cebuano qui (pagina di discussione), e gli utenti Cebuanofoni proveranno a rispondervi. Prego notare che la maggior parte delle persone che parla Cebuano può solo conversare anche in lingua Inglese o lingua Tagalog.

Wiki Loves Earth Philippines 2018Usba

Wiki Loves Earth 2018 in the Philippines has started! Upload photos of natural heritage sites in the Philippines to help Wikipedia and win fantastic prizes!

This is a list of protected areas of the Philippines administered by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources' Biodiversity Management Bureau under the National Integrated Protected Areas System (NIPAS) Act of 1992. As of 2013, there are 240 protected areas in the Philippines covering a total area of 54,500 square kilometres (21,000 sq mi) – 14.2% of the Philippines' total area.

 •  List of national parks in the Philippines
 •  List of natural parks in the Philippines
 •  List of natural monuments in the Philippines
 •  List of nature reserves in the Philippines
 •  List of landscape reserves in the Philippines
 •  List of landscapes and seascapes in the Philippines
 •  List of seascape reserves in the Philippines
 •  List of game refuge and bird sanctuaries in the Philippines
 •  List of resource reserves in the Philippines
 •  List of watershed forest reserves in the Philippines
 •  List of marine reserves in the Philippines
 •  List of wildlife sanctuaries in the Philippines

This is the first year that the Philippines is participating the competition. The local contest will run from May 1 – June 30, 2018, and is being organized by PhilWiki Community members. A writing contest will follow later this year. -Filipinayzd (talk) 11:08, 1 Mayo 2018 (UTC)

merging Makhtesh RamonUsba

There is only one Makhtesh Ramon in Israel. Please unify the 3 articles under one name. Thank you, DGtal (talk) 08:24, 11 Hunyo 2018 (UTC)

Done. Lsj (talk) 07:35, 23 Hulyo 2018 (UTC)

Geoname errorUsba

Article Maderö_(pulo_sa_Suwesya,_lat_59,55,_long_18,60) is based on Geonames 2693257 that has been deleted. Please delete the article so we can clean up Wikidata see d:Wikidata:Requests_for_deletions#Q32289392 - Salgo60 (talk) 22:49, 12 Hulyo 2018 (UTC)

Done (changed to redirect). Lsj (talk) 07:33, 23 Hulyo 2018 (UTC)

Merging two articlesUsba

Calverton Executive Airpark and Grumman Peconic River Airport are the same place - one is the former name of the other - see en:Calverton Executive Airpark. I suggest that they are merged together. Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 11:32, 28 Hulyo 2018 (UTC)

Done. Lsj (talk) 22:58, 28 Hulyo 2018 (UTC)

Dolní PohleďUsba

The article Dolní Pohleď is completelly mistaken, it confuses at least two different municipalities together and the creator of the article renewed it with all its nonsenses and errors and seems not to be able and willig to verify the content of the article. --ŠJů (talk) 21:55, 13 Agosto 2018 (UTC)

Requests for deletionUsba

Dear sysops, in May 2018, I've posted two requests for deletion due to duplicates[1][2]. Did I make a mistake adding the deletion templates? Thanks & best regards --Dealerofsalvation (talk) 13:10, 21 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)

Addendum: These two duplicates seem to be examples of what was noted in this discussion[3] - for many towns and cities, in Cebuano Wikipedia there seem to be separate articles on the town/city and on its seat of government, which is something that no other Wikipedia language seems to do, and it's causing a lot of extra effort in maintaining the corresponding Wikidata items. What is the Cebuano Wikipedia community's position on that situation? Has there been a discussion about that? --Dealerofsalvation (talk) 14:39, 21 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)

My opinion is that a human settlement and an administrative unit are two distinct entities that should not be mixed, even when they nearly coincide geographically. The same principle is followed in many cases also on other Wikipedias, see e.g. en:Stockholm and en:Stockholm Municipality on enwp. I have followed that principle when creating the articles. IMHO they should be separate WD items. It has been discussed on a few occasions, for example here, but without clear consensus emerging in the local community. If you wish to merge/redirect the articles, feel free, I will not start an edit war about it. But I am also not going to do work that I regard as wrong and misguided. Lsj (talk) 15:25, 23 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)
Understood. So far, one question: take the example of Neuler. Which of the articles mentioned there is about the settlement, which of these is about the municipality? Put it differently, what do "munisipyo" and "capital sa munisipyo" mean in English, respectively? --Dealerofsalvation (talk) 18:48, 23 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)
"Munisipyo" is "municipality", the administrative unit. The generic word for human settlement is "lungsod" which is used in a lot of articles, but settlements that are the capital of an administrative unit are called "kapital sa... " (capital of). Lsj (talk) 20:01, 23 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)
OK. BTW I reverted my requests for deletion that noone cared for for five months.
The distinction between settlement and administrative unit may be the justification for creating two distinct Wikidata items. This is a concept I can understand, though most other Wikipedias don't follow and certainly never will follow, the prevailing notion probably being that the surrounding fields and forests around a settlement are an integral part of that settlement. But there are many case where there are three Wikidata items for municipalities/settlements that are considered one single topic in other Wikipedias; this is the problem I really care about.
One of the many examples for this is Nufringen. There are three Wikidata items about Nufringen (not considering the one on the disambiguation): d:Q557825 (the settlement in most Wikipedias), d:Q32195932 (the settlement), D:Q32195946 (the municipality).
These Wikidata items likely were created because when creating Cebuano Wikipedia items, you did not include interwiki links to the existing items on Nufringen in other Wikipedias. Was this on purpose or by mistake?
Do you agree that one of these Wikidata items is a duplicate and should be merged?
The merge target should be Q557825. But the question is should Q32195932 or Q32195946 be merged?
From the Cebuano Wikipedia perspective, this comes to the question whether the article onthe settlement or the one on the municipality should be connected to the other language articles.
In general, IMHO the more general topic of the two should be merged and the other one regarded a subtopic of the other.
But IMHO there is no unambiguous answer to that question, because it seems there are different notions of what is the more general topic.
One notion is illustrated by the English Wikipedia Stockholm example you linked above: en:Stockholm has sections on history, geography, culture, and also on administration, and that section points to the "main article" on that subtopic which is en:Stockholm Municipality that describes the administrative system of Stockholm, past elections etc. So, in that concept, the settlement is the super topic and the municipality is the subtopic.
The other notion is simply based on geographics: The municipality of Nufringen has a bigger area, which consists of the area of the settlement of Nufringen, some small hamlets and fields and forests.
The question which notion is the relevant one we should IMHO not decide on our own, so I will invite others to join. --Dealerofsalvation (talk) 06:08, 24 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)
The definition of d:Q557825 in other languages is: Gemeinde in Deutschland/municipality in Baden-Württemberg, Germany/localidad de Baden-Wurtemberg, Alemania/commune allemande/comune tedesco/gemeente in Baden-Württemberg which all mean afaics munisipyo, except maybe for the Spanish definition, which I'm not sure about. --Dealerofsalvation (talk) 07:21, 24 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)
Concerning interwiki, I did have the bot iw-link the cebwp articles whenever the bot could figure out which articles on other language versions to link to. But I deliberately used a conservative algorithm, to avoid mislinking. This lead to a lot of "false negatives" like Nufringen, where the iw linking algorithm could not determine the proper linking with certainty.
Concerning Nufringen, IMHO the key is property P31 (Instance of) of the wd item. d:Q557825 is an instance of "municipality of Germany", so the municipality d:Q32195946 should be merged into it, not the other one. But I have also seen numerous wd items for towns that have double P31:s, instances of both municipality and settlement, e.g. d:Q11340. In such cases, merging is not proper, and I really do not like this kind of wd items that mixes two types of entities. Lsj (talk) 19:51, 24 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)
Yes, seems there's nothing to argue against linking munisipyos with existing WD items that also link with German, English etc. articles on municipalities. In de-wp, since 2005 there exist articles about every municipality in Germany, thus there are Wikidata items on all municipalities in Germany, so there is no ceb-wp article on a municipality in Germany that should not share the same Wikidata item with a de-wp article. If a ceb-wp article on a municipality does not, then the Wikidata item is certainly a duplicate that should be merged. If you like a task to do - a lot of people would be grateful if you systematically look for them and merge. There's many ways to unambigously distinguish between different municipalities sharing the same name, starting with the coordinates, next the Landkreis (county/district) to be fetched from Geonames. And you have the opportunity to enhance the ceb wiki articles with more information from Wikidata and the de-wp infoboxes, like coats of arms, postal codes, phone area codes, mayor names and parties etc. --Dealerofsalvation (talk) 19:48, 25 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)
Can be done, but difficult for the general case (not just Germany, 200+ other countries as well) where completeness, distinguishing information, infobox format, etc may differ from Germany. Worth doing for cases like Nufringen where the WD items are genuine duplicates, but I will not contribute to the kind of impure merges between municipalities and settlements that some people argue for. In any case, I do not have a bot flag on Wikidata, and do not wish to start running a bot on WD anyway. My contribution would be limited to gathering the information about which items should be merged and producing a list. Lsj (talk) 12:54, 28 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)

I have raised the issue of duplicates here before, and my opinion of duplicate articles is that they should be merged because they are useless, since they basically contain the same information as each other. The idea that "human settlement is different from legal municipality" does not warrant separate articles. On English Wikipedia and pretty much everywhere else, there is one article that describes the city, both as a "human settlement" and "administrative unit." Any information that would distinguish the two can and does coexist in the same article. Also, as for your example of en:Stockholm and en:Stockholm Municipality, these only have separate articles because the city of Stockholm is actually composed of 11 municipalities, of which Stockholm Municipality is one. "Municipality" therefore means something else in Sweden than in Germany, meaning that its administrative logic cannot simply be forced onto all other European cities. DraconicDark (talk) 13:55, 27 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)

Btw found this by chance: d:User:Pasleim/projectmerge/enwiki-cebwiki --Dealerofsalvation (talk) 11:10, 28 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)
I checked the first 10 items in that list. Only two of them were good merger candidates, the rest just coincidentally had the same name without any actual connection. Identifying genuine merger candidates by bot (or genuine iw-link candidates in the original bot run) is a non-trivial task.
Concerning Stockholm, your reasoning is not valid. Enwp distinguishes between municipalities and settlements all over Sweden, and in many cases in other countries as well, regardless of the precise relation between the two. en:Falun and en:Falun Municipality is one example, where the town Falun is totally contained within Falun Municipality, and the municipality contains no other town, just a few villages; nevertheless enwp has two separate articles. Here is a similar example from Bulgaria: en:Bansko - en:Bansko Municipality.
Concerning the general principle, seems like we have to agree to disagree. Lsj (talk) 12:54, 28 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)
Still, both the English and German Wikipedias don't do this with articles on German cities. One would then have to consider what to do on a case-by-case basis instead of using the same logic for every case. You still have not addressed my point that the duplicate articles contain the exact same information, so there is no value in keeping them around. Is there any reason why we should keep the duplicates if the information distinguishing "settlement" and "municipality" can exist in one article just fine? DraconicDark (talk) 01:01, 29 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)

"Please leave a message" linkUsba

By the way, the "Please leave a message" link above does not work for me. I get the response "Permission error. Wala kay permiso nga usba kining panid, tungod sa mosunod nga rason: Naka-lock ang kining panid aron mapugngan ang pag-usab.". However, editing an existing section works. --Dealerofsalvation (talk) 13:10, 21 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)

I have tried to fix the link. Please test if it works for you now. Lsj (talk) 15:12, 23 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)
Thanks, I now get the expected form. I trust saving it would also work. --Dealerofsalvation (talk) 18:09, 23 Oktubre 2018 (UTC)

Please merge two articlesUsba

Hello. Would your please merge the two articles Nivå (suba) and Nivå (lungsod). They are about the same Danish town, and I would like to merge the Wikidata entries. Thank you and best regards, --Dipsacus fullonum (talk) 13:28, 16 Mayo 2019 (UTC)

No, they are not the same. Nivå (suba) is about a river (suba), not a town. The WD linking was incorrect, I have fixed it now. Lsj (talk) 05:50, 17 Mayo 2019 (UTC)
Lsj, thank you for the merging at Wikidata. I have then connected d:Q21995145 for the river (or "å" in Swedish/Danish) to Nivå (suba) at Wikidata. --Dipsacus fullonum (talk) 07:16, 18 Mayo 2019 (UTC)

What is going on?Usba

Hello, i'm Nilzko and i mostly edit English and Finnish Wikipedia. I noticed that the Cebuano language Wikipedia is broken and lacks high quality articles. Most articles are only a few sentences with different languages mixed in. What are the admins of this Wikipedia going to do about this? Nilzko (talk) 22:39, 9 Hunyo 2019 (UTC)

It is true that most articles on cebwp are fairly short. On the other hand, cebwp has a lot more articles than fiwp, and IMHO it is better to have a short article than no article at all. And the vast majority of articles do have sources, infobox, and proper categorization, even if the main text is short. If you are unhappy about article length on cebwp, please feel free to add appropriate material. More active editors would be helpful.
The vast majority of articles also do not have any sentences in other languages in the main text. Do you have any examples of such text? Lsj (talk) 11:40, 10 Hunyo 2019 (UTC)
Not in other languages but articles may use words from different languages. For example, the article Finlandia has three words for "Finland" that is Pinlandya, Finlandia and Finland. I don't know cebuano language but this makes things confusing and it should be standardized (Like in latin wikipedia.)
While i don't know the language i can try to fix some bad wikicode or infoboxes. Nilzko (talk) 17:49, 10 Hunyo 2019 (UTC)
I have fixed the Finland article. But there is no settled written standard for the Cebuano language in general, including country names. The cebwp community has agreed on this list for country names: Binisayang Ngalan sa mga Nasod ug Kayutaan. My bot has been working for some months now on standardizing country names according to that list. Works fine for bot-written articles, but not always for handwritten ones like Finland, the bot doesn't catch all non-standard name occurrences. Thank you for pointing out that one. Lsj (talk) 07:25, 19 Hunyo 2019 (UTC)

multiple Israeli geographic articles requiring mergingUsba

There is only one Mitzpe Ramon (also spelled in article as Miẕpé Ramon), Naẖal ‘Iddan, Naẖal H̱evyon, Naẖal Milẖan, Naẖal Neqarot, Naẖal Raviv, Naẖal Sharvit and Naẖal Yahel in Israel (found the list searching Southern District (distrito sa Israel)) . Please unify the 3 articles (4 for Mitzpe Ramon and Naẖal Neqarot) representing each item under one name. Thank you, DGtal (talk) 07:06, 19 Hunyo 2019 (UTC)

Also on one Naẖal Yavne'el (he:נחל יבנאל). Can Gumagamit:Lsj or someone else help? Thanks, DGtal (talk) 05:43, 22 Septiyembre 2019 (UTC)

KarawankenUsba

and others.

I'm trying to cleanup the objects in and around Austria on Wikidata. Very often there are two WD-Objects (and two articles here in WP:ceb) matching the same object in reality. Modelling is tricky, a mountain at the border is a single mountain, not two mountains in different states but with same location. Even if they have different names on both sides. The problem on wikidata now is, that it is impossible to merge two wikidata entries as long as there are two different sitelinks to WP:ceb (and WP:sv - same thing). I usually redirect the duplicates, hoping someone will cleanup here, remove the redirections from corresponding WD entries and merge the two objects on WD. It is difficult to do that, as long as the main article itself on WP:ceb is a disambiguation. Will not link the articles to the disambiguation.

an example:

are all the same mountain range and the only article should be:

  • Karawanken (which is the disambiguation in that case).

But there are WD entries for each of them.

Can you cleanup the mess?

Furthermore, can you fix all that duplicate stuff along any borders in the world, also for borders for federal states.

Ljsbot should mind Asimov's Roboter laws. Creating that mess of silly objects does harm to the users that try to fix that. Also mind the second law and fix all the stuff you created. br --Herzi Pinki (talk) 13:42, 25 Disyembre 2019 (UTC)

I have now unlinked the various articles on WD and merged accordingly. Hope your bot will not come back and recreate. --Herzi Pinki (talk) 13:46, 25 Disyembre 2019 (UTC)

KadaňUsba

Hello, please move Kadaň (lungsod sa Nasod nga Czech, lat 50,38, long 13,27) to Kadaň. Both are the same. Thanks, --Janbery (talk) 13:40, 28 Disyembre 2019 (UTC)

Dams and reservoirsUsba

Hello. I am a user in Greek Wikipedia that created some articles about reservoirs and dams of Cyprus. Let me ask my questions through examples.

a) w:el:Τεχνητή Λίμνη Πωμού This is the article about Pomos Reservoir in el.wikipedia. The Wikidata item is d:Q81704063. In the el.wikipedia the article is about the reservoir, with informations about the dam that was built to create the reservoir. In Wikidata there is also d:Q22987345 that is about the dam (the construction). The 2 items are linked with the right properties...

b) There is no special article about the dam in el.wikipedia, so no article is connected to d:Q22987345. But the item is connected with Pomós (alihan sa tubig) of ceb.wikipedia.

My question is: the article in ceb.wikipedia is talking about the reservoir or about the dam or about both? If the article is talking about dam, then nothing must change. But if the article is about the reservoir or about both, then must be moved to d:Q81704063.

Thanks. Xaris333 (talk) 12:08, 19 Enero 2020 (UTC)

The article Pomós (alihan sa tubig) is about the dam, not the reservoir. Lsj (talk) 08:18, 20 Enero 2020 (UTC)

Edits by hoaxer/long term abuser needing attentionUsba

Hello and good evening. Hope all is well.

I've noticed that a long term abuser from English Wikipedia may or may have not have added radio stations in Dumaguete and possibly other parts of the Philippines that do not exist and/or are outright hoaxes. A set of edits from one IP address seem suspicious while edits from this account seem highly suspect. Would it be possible to take a look at the user's edits and delete or revert some of the them? - Regards, Ianlopez1115 (talk) 12:07, 20 Abril 2020 (UTC)

I have noticed the addition of radio stations from many parts of the Philippines. Are these hoaxes? I will have a look. Lsj (talk) 13:13, 20 Abril 2020 (UTC)
To guide Cebuano Wikipedia contributors in weeding out legitimate FM stations from nonexisting/hoax ones, a list of AM and FM stations from the Philippine government is provided (see aforementioned hyperlinks, they've been utilized in the English Wikipedia as sources to determine if such stations are legit or not). For off-wiki assistance regarding this, please feel free to send an email via the "Email this user" function, otherwise I'll be communicating using this page. -Ianlopez1115 (talk) 10:43, 23 Abril 2020 (UTC)

Erlbach duplicate articlesUsba

Hi, the article Erlbach (munisipyo sa Alemanya, Saxony, lat 50,32, long 12,37) is a duplicate of Erlbach (kapital sa munisipyo sa Alemanya, Saxony, lat 50,32, long 12,37) and they both refer to the same formely independent town that is now part of Markneukirchen (munisipyo). --Pyfisch (talk) 11:21, 23 Agosto 2020 (UTC)

The two Erlbach articles are not duplicates -- one is about the administrative unit, the other about the physical settlement. This has been discussed several times before here, see above. But if the administrative unit has been merged into Markneukirchen, those articles should be merged. The other Erlbach article should remain, as the village with that name still exists on the ground, even if it is not an administrative unit anymore. Lsj (talk) 15:00, 23 Agosto 2020 (UTC)
Yes, the adminstrative unit no longer exists as it was merged into Markneukirchen. Pyfisch (talk) 09:52, 2 Septiyembre 2020 (UTC)
I have merged the administrative units and renamed the other Erlbach into Erlbach (Saxony). Lsj (talk) 11:52, 2 Septiyembre 2020 (UTC)

wikidata:Q216875 and wikidata:Q32636555Usba

These items are both about the Chenab river. The former is for the complete river (Cebuano article is only about Indian part), while the latter is for the Pakistani section. Would it be possible to discuss the complete river in one article like every other language does so the items can be merged? --Pyfisch (talk) 15:27, 11 Oktubre 2020 (UTC)

Certainly, they should be merged. Duplicate entries in Geonames source, it seems. Lsj (talk) 22:30, 11 Oktubre 2020 (UTC)
I merged the articles now. But the wikidata merge failed. Lsj (talk) 22:35, 11 Oktubre 2020 (UTC)
Thanks. Merged them on Wikidata. The were already marked as duplicates and linked, therefore the automatic merge failed. --Pyfisch (talk) 14:04, 12 Oktubre 2020 (UTC)

Contributions by บุญพฤทธิ์ ทวนทัยUsba

User:บุญพฤทธิ์ ทวนทัย is a contributor based at the Thai Wikipedia who has created machine translations of articles and spamming them over a wide range of Wikipedia languages, including here. While the subjects of the articles he has created are (mostly) notable, the mistake of creating articles in languages he does not understand has led to extremely bad quality, probably at the level of illegibility. Unless local editors are willing to start a clean-up effort, I suggest that his contributions be deleted. Someone who knows the language can later write proper articles about the subjects. --Paul 012 (talk) 08:45, 11 Nobiyembre 2020 (UTC)

Improving the translation support for the Cebuano WikipediaUsba

Sorry about not being able to write in Cebuano. I hope someone can translate this!

Content translation has been successful in supporting the translation process on many Wikipedia communities, and we want to help additional wikis with potential to grow using translation as part of a new initiative.

Content translation facilitates the creation of Wikipedia articles by translating content from other languages. It has been used already to create more than half a million articles. In addition, the tool provides mechanisms to encourage the creation of good quality content, preventing the publication of lightly edited machine translations. In general, our analysis shows that the translations produced are less likely to be deleted than the articles started from scratch.

Cebuano Wikipedia editors have used Content translation to create more than 1500 articles. Given the size of the editing community, we think that there is potential to use translation to create more articles, expand existing ones, and attract new editors that learn how to make productive edits. Translation can help the community to reduce the language gap with other languages and grow the number of editors in a sustainable way. In order to achieve this goal, we want to collaborate with you to make Content translation more visible in the Cebuano Wikipedia and support new ways to translate.

As a first step, during the next weeks we plan to enable Content translation by default on the Cebuano Wikipedia. That will make it easy for users to discover the tool through several entry points. However, users not interested in translation will still be able to disable it from their preferences.

Please feel free to share any comment in this conversation thread.

Thanks! --Amir E. Aharoni (WMF) (talk) 12:12, 8 Disyembre 2020 (UTC)

Request for mergingUsba

The articles Vantaa (munisipyo) and Vantaa (kapital sa munisipyo) should be merged, since they appear to be about the same city. This would also be useful for resolving a Wikidata interwiki conflict. --TommiWalle (talk) 17:26, 27 Disyembre 2020 (UTC)

InternetArchiveBotUsba

(Please translate this message if you can.)

I would like to propose operating InternetArchiveBot on Cebuano Wikipedia. The bot finds dead links on articles, adds links to archived versions where available, and it also adds links to books where it is appropriate. It does this for over 50 Wikimedia wikis. The bot can be configured and translated through the web interface. Please let me know of your thoughts. If there are no objections in 14 days, I will ask the stewards for approval. Harej (talk) 04:41, 26 Enero 2021 (UTC)

Polskowa?Usba

Hello guys,

Do move "Polskowa" https://ceb.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polskowa to "Polska".

I edited this article to fix it and checked its history to see it had been renamed by your famous bot.

I could not find the move page tool tho.

Zezen (talk) 15:50, 13 Pebrero 2021 (UTC)

Oh, but now I read your: https://ceb.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binisayang_Ngalan_sa_mga_Nasod_ug_Kayutaan

list. Do mention at least once the "Polska" term there then, that is fix my edits. Zezen (talk) 15:53, 13 Pebrero 2021 (UTC)

Invitation to join the UCoC Roundtable DiscussionsUsba

You are invited to participate in the Roundtable Discussions about how to enforce the Universal Code of Conduct within the Wikimedia movement. There are two Zoom calls scheduled at 15 May and 29 May, both at 15:00-16.30 UTC. Please sign your name here if you are interested. Should you have any questions, please contact RamzyM (WMF). Thank you! MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:48, 5 Mayo 2021 (UTC)

Help with a hoax articleUsba

Hello! I'm sorry for posting in English, I don't speak Cebuano. There is an article that was deleted at the English Wikipedia for being a hoax, but it still exists on the Cebuano Wikipedia. The article in question is Glamoč Airport. Thanks for your help! :) Wizzito (talk) 18:40, 23 Mayo 2021 (UTC)

Not a hoax, but obsolete/irrelevant. Deleted. Lsj (talk) 08:46, 24 Mayo 2021 (UTC)

Invitation to join the 12 June UCoC Roundtable discussionUsba

Dear Wikimedians: you are invited to participate in the next Roundtable discussion on the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). The next iteration would be held on Saturday, 12 June 2021, on 05.00-06.30 UTC (see your local time here). The forum would discuss how to enforce the Code of Conduct across Wikimedia projects and communities. Should you have any question, please direct it to Ramzy Muliawan. See you there! MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 09:44, 3 Hunyo 2021 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 2Usba

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 2, July 2021Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the second issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

If you haven’t already, please remember to subscribe here if you would like to be notified about future editions of the newsletter, and also leave your username here if you’d like to be contacted to help with translations in the future.

  • Enforcement Draft Guidelines Review - Initial meetings of the drafting committee have helped to connect and align key topics on enforcement, while highlighting prior research around existing processes and gaps within our movement. (continue reading)
  • Targets of Harassment Research - To support the drafting committee, the Wikimedia Foundation has conducted a research project focused on experiences of harassment on Wikimedia projects. (continue reading)
  • Functionaries’ Consultation - Since June, Functionaries from across the various wikis have been meeting to discuss what the future will look like in a global context with the UCoC. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable Discussions - The UCoC facilitation team once again, hosted another roundtable discussion, this time for Korean-speaking community members and participants of other ESEAP projects to discuss the enforcement of the UCoC. (continue reading)
  • Early Adoption of UCoC by Communities - Since its ratification by the Board in February 2021, situations whereby UCoC is being adopted and applied within the Wikimedia community has grown. (continue reading)
  • New Timeline for the Interim Trust & Safety Case Review Committee - The CRC was originally expected to conclude by July 1. However, with the UCoC now expected to be in development until December, the timeline for the CRC has also changed. (continue reading)
  • Wikimania - The UCoC team is planning to hold a moderated discussion featuring representatives across the movement during Wikimania 2021. It also plans to have a presence at the conference’s Community Village. (continue reading)
  • Diff blogs - Check out the most recent publications about the UCoC on Wikimedia Diff blog. (continue reading)

Should you have any question regarding the UCoC, please direct it to the Movement Strategy & Governance facilitator for the ESEAP region, RamzyM (WMF).

-- MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:12, 14 Hulyo 2021 (UTC)

Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting CommitteeUsba

Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee. The Call opens August 2, 2021 and closes September 1, 2021.

The Committee is expected to represent diversity in the Movement. Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia Foundation.

English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed, translation and interpretation support is provided. Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is US$100 every two months.

We are looking for people who have some of the following skills:

  • Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
  • Are ready to find compromises.
  • Focus on inclusion and diversity.
  • Have knowledge of community consultations.
  • Have intercultural communication experience.
  • Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or communities.
  • Have experience negotiating with different parties.

The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election takes place.

Will you help move Wikimedia forward in this important role? Submit your candidacy starting from next week here. Please contact strategy2030Plantilya:Atwikimedia.org or Ramzy Muliawan, Movement Strategy and Governance facilitator for the ESEAP region, with questions.

-- MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 10:40, 30 Hulyo 2021 (UTC)

Delay of the 2021 WMF Board of Trustees electionUsba

Dear Wikimedians,

We are reaching out to you today regarding the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. This election was due to open on August 4th. Due to some technical issues with SecurePoll, the election must be delayed by two weeks. This means we plan to launch the election on August 18th, which is the day after Wikimania concludes.

For information on the technical issues, you can see the Phabricator ticket.

We are truly sorry for this delay and hope that we will get back on schedule on August 18th. We are in touch with the Elections Committee and the candidates to coordinate next steps. We will update the Board election Talk page and Telegram channel as we know more.

-- MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:07, 3 Agosto 2021 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines reviewUsba

The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned to begin 17 August 2021.

Community and staff members collaborated to develop these draft guidelines based on consultations, discussions, and research. These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. Provide comments about these guidelines by 17 October 2021. The committee will be revising the guidelines based upon community input.

Everyone may share comments in a number of places. Facilitators welcome comments in any language on the draft review talk page or by email. Comments can also be shared on talk pages of translations, at local discussions, or during round-table discussions and conversation hours.

There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:

Wikimania 2021 session - 16 August @ 11:00 UTC - 11:45 UTC
Conversation hours - 24 August, 31 August, 7 September @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
Roundtable calls - 18 September @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC

The facilitation team supporting this review period hopes to reach a large number of communities. Having a shared understanding is important. If you do not see a conversation happening in your community, please organize a discussion. Facilitators can assist you in setting up the conversations.

Discussions will be summarized and presented to the drafting committee every two weeks. The summaries will be published here.

If you have any questions, please contact Ramzy Muliawan, the facilitator for ESEAP region.

-- MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:51, 17 Agosto 2021 (UTC)

Voting for the 2021 WMF Board of Trustees election is now openUsba

Voting for the 2021 Board of Trustees election is now open. Candidates from the community were asked to submit their candidacy. After a three week long Call for Candidates, there are 19 candidates for the 2021 election.

The Wikimedia movement has the opportunity to vote for the selection of community-and-affiliate trustees. By voting, you will help to identify those people who have the qualities to best serve the needs of the movement for the next several years. The Board is expected to select the four most voted candidates to serve as trustees. Voting closes 31 August 2021.

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees oversees the Wikimedia Foundation's operations. The Board wants to improve their competences and diversity as a team. They have shared the areas of expertise that they are currently missing and hope to cover with new trustees.

Learn more about candidates. Learn about the Board of Trustees. Vote.

Read the full announcement.

Best,

The Elections Committee

-- MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 01:12, 18 Agosto 2021 (UTC)

Merge Nesmy (lungsod) and NesmyUsba

Hello. I live in Nesmy and checked it's wikidata page. I figured that those two page are duplicate, and this cause two unmergeable wikidata entry : Q1413092 (the one used by others, refering to Nesmy and Q49357532, refering to Nesmy (lungsod), but only refered in this wiki.

If you could merge those pages, I will be able to merge the wikidata element. Thank.

Merge requestUsba

Please merge the articles Kiel_(munisipyo) and Kreisfreie Stadt Kiel. They are both about the same city. -- Discostu (talk) 09:36, 14 Septiyembre 2021 (UTC)

Movement Charter Drafting Committee - Community Elections to take place October 11 - 24Usba

This is a short message with an update from the Movement Charter process. The call for candidates for the Drafting Committee closed September 14, and we got a diverse range of candidates. The committee will consist of 15 members, and those will be (s)elected via three different ways.

The 15 member committee will be selected with a 3-step process:

  • Election process for project communities to elect 7 members of the committee.
  • Selection process for affiliates to select 6 members of the committee.
  • Wikimedia Foundation process to appoint 2 members of the committee.

The community elections will take place between October 11 and October 24. The other process will take place in parallel, so that all processes will be concluded by November 1.

For the full context of the Movement Charter, its role, as well the process for its creation, please have a look at Meta. You can also contact us at any time on Telegram or via email (wikimedia2030@wikimedia.org).

Best regards, RamzyM (WMF) 08:55, 21 Septiyembre 2021 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct Draft Enforcement Guidelines review still needs your ideas and opinionsUsba

Hello, this is just a reminder that the Universal Code of Conduct Draft Enforcement Guidelines are open for review and comment. The Drafting Committee will start working on revisions and improvement in less than two weeks (October 17), so it is important that you give them your ideas and opinions soon!

There is now a short, simple version of the Draft Guidelines here to make your review easier. If possible, also help translate the short version into more languages!

We will also hold one last conversation hour on October 15, 2021 03:00 and 14:00 UTC.

On behalf of the Drafting Committee, much thanks to everyone who has given ideas so far. We hope to hear from more of you - the Guidelines will be much stronger if more opinions are included.

Best regards, RamzyM (WMF) 07:27, 6 Oktubre 2021 (UTC)

Voting period to elect members of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee is now openUsba

Voting for the election for the members for the Movement Charter drafting committee is now open. In total, 70 Wikimedians from around the world are running for 7 seats in these elections. Voting is open from October 12 to October 24, 2021.

The committee will consist of 15 members in total: The online communities vote for 7 members, 6 members will be selected by the Wikimedia affiliates through a parallel process, and 2 members will be appointed by the Wikimedia Foundation. The plan is to assemble the committee by November 1, 2021.

Best,

Kaarel Vaidla
Movement Strategy & Governance Team, Wikimedia Foundation
10:35, 12 Oktubre 2021 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 4Usba

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 4, October 2021Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the fourth issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

If you haven’t already, please remember to subscribe here if you would like to be notified about future editions of the newsletter, and also leave your username here if you’d like to be contacted to help with translations in the future.

  • Enforcement Draft Guidelines Review Wrap-up - The Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Draft Guidelines Review will come to a close on 17 October 2021, after more than two months of extensive consultations. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable Discussions and Conversation Hours - Another successful roundtable session happened on September 18, 2021 to discuss the EDGR. One last conversation hour will be happening on October 15th, 2021. (continue reading)
  • Movement Charter Drafting Committee Elections - The Movement Charter Drafting Committee selection process has kicked off and will be open until October 25, 2021. Contributors to Wikimedia projects can elect their favorite candidates on to the committee. (continue reading)
  • New Direction for the Newsletter - As we round-up the consultation processes for the Universal Code of Conduct, the facilitation team is currently envisioning new directions for the newsletter. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about the UCoC on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

RamzyM (WMF) 18:25, 14 Oktubre 2021 (UTC)

Learn how the Implementation Grants can support your Movement Strategy plansUsba

We are excited to announce the reopening of the Movement Strategy Implementation Grants. This program fund projects that advance a specific Movement Strategy initiative. The projects can be big or small, but they must all make a case for advancing one initiative.

Read all about it, what to apply for, and how to apply. Please do encourage others to apply as well.

Best regards, RamzyM (WMF) 10:22, 21 Oktubre 2021 (UTC)

Meet the new Movement Charter Drafting Committee membersUsba

The Movement Charter Drafting Committee election and selection processes are complete.

The committee will convene soon to start its work. The committee can appoint up to three more members to bridge diversity and expertise gaps.

If you are interested in engaging with Movement Charter drafting process, follow the updates on Meta and join the Telegram group.

With thanks from the Movement Strategy and Governance team

Best, RamzyM (WMF) 13:39, 1 Nobiyembre 2021 (UTC)

ESEAP Regional Education MeetingUsba

Join us for the 1st ESEAP Regional Education Meeting on 27th November 2021 at 7:00 UTC.

We are using this as an opportunity to strengthen the EduWiki network, explore collaboration opportunities, and identify common practices or challenges that are faced by our community members in different regions of the world. Learn and share your projects, tools, or ideas with the education community in the ESEAP region.

We are excited to hear from these wonderful speakers:

Education activities in Indonesia - Dimas Hardijanto, Deputy Coordinator of Education Program of Wikimedia Indonesia
Education activities in Australia - Alex Lum, President of Wikimedia Australia
Education activities in Malaysia - Dody Ismoyo, Wikimedia Community User Group Malaysia
Education activities in the Philippines - Imelda Brazal, EWOC Community Specialist - ESEAP Region

Read more about this event here: ESEAP Regional Meeting You may join as a sharer by adding your own agenda or send an email to dangbrazal@gmail.com to be included in the participants list.

Thank you.

Best,

EduWiki Outreach Collaborators Community Specialists Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 07:54, 23 Nobiyembre 2021 (UTC)

Closing the comment period for the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Draft GuidelinesUsba

Thank you for your continued comments and ideas on the Universal Code of Conduct enforcement guidelines. Your responses have helped to build a stronger Universal Code of Conduct.

If you have not already provided your comments, now is the time as the drafting committee has been meeting to update the enforcement guidelines. The drafting committee wants to consider all comments as they make their updates. Please submit any comments by the end of November. The Committee hopes to finish its revisions before the end of the year, and the revised guidelines will be published as soon as they have been completed.

The next steps for the Universal Code of Conduct include conversations about ratification of the enforcement guidelines. There will be a conversation about ratification on November 29.

The Wikimedia Foundation will make recommendations to the Board of Trustees about the ratification of the guidelines in December. The recommendations will inform the next steps in the Universal Code of Conduct process.

Best, RamzyM (WMF) 08:57, 26 Nobiyembre 2021 (UTC)

Main Page Rising Sun FlagUsba

Hello, I'm from the English Wikipedia and came across the Cebuano Wikipedia. I noticed on the top-right corner of the Main page that there are two Rising Sun flags? Is this vandalism? I can't really check the edit summary so have no way to be sure or revert. Would appreciate some clarification. Yutah123 (talk) 18:06, 4 Disyembre 2021 (UTC)

It appears that the heading template uses an svg file meant only for testing and subject to sudden changes, and I don't have the permissions needed to change it since it's a part of the main page. Yutah123 (talk) 23:13, 5 Disyembre 2021 (UTC)

Upcoming Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees electionsUsba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Board of Trustees is preparing a call for feedback about the upcoming Board Elections, from January 7 - February 10, 2022.

While details will be finalized the week before the call, we have confirmed at least two questions that will be asked during this call for feedback:

  • What is the best way to ensure fair representation of emerging communities among the Board?
  • What involvement should candidates have during the election?

While additional questions may be added, the Movement Strategy and Governance team wants to provide time for community members and affiliates to consider and prepare ideas on the confirmed questions before the call opens. We apologize for not having a complete list of questions at this time. The list of questions should only grow by one or two questions. The intention is to not overwhelm the community with requests, but provide notice and welcome feedback on these important questions.

Do you want to help organize local conversation during this Call?

Contact the Movement Strategy and Governance team on Meta, on Telegram, or via email at msg wikimedia.org.

Reach out if you have any questions or concerns. The Movement Strategy and Governance team will be minimally staffed until January 3. Please excuse any delayed response during this time. We also recognize some community members and affiliates are offline during the December holidays. We apologize if our message has reached you while you are on holiday.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

RamzyM (WMF) (talk) 04:48, 27 Disyembre 2021 (UTC)

Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections is now openUsba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now open and will close on 7 February 2022.

With this Call for Feedback, the Movement Strategy and Governance team is taking a different approach. This approach incorporates community feedback from 2021. Instead of leading with proposals, the Call is framed around key questions from the Board of Trustees. The key questions came from the feedback about the 2021 Board of Trustees election. The intention is to inspire collective conversation and collaborative proposal development about these key questions.

There are two confirmed questions that will be asked during this Call for Feedback:

  1. What is the best way to ensure more diverse representation among elected candidates? The Board of Trustees noted the importance of selecting candidates who represent the full diversity of the Wikimedia movement. The current processes have favored volunteers from North America and Europe.
  2. What are the expectations for the candidates during the election? Board candidates have traditionally completed applications and answered community questions. How can an election provide appropriate insight into candidates while also appreciating candidates’ status as volunteers?

There is one additional question that may be presented during the Call about selection processes. This question is still under discussion, but the Board wanted to give insight into the confirmed questions as soon as possible. Hopefully if an additional question is going to be asked, it will be ready during the first week of the Call for Feedback.

Join the conversation.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

RamzyM (WMF) 03:12, 11 Enero 2022 (UTC)

Movement Strategy and Governance News #5Usba

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 5, January 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the fifth issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News (formerly known as Universal Code of Conduct News)! This revamped newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Strategy Implementation grants, Board elections and other relevant MSG topics.

This Newsletter will be distributed quarterly, while more frequent Updates will also be delivered weekly or bi-weekly to subscribers. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive these updates.

  • Call for Feedback about the Board elections - We invite you to give your feedback on the upcoming WMF Board of Trustees election. This call for feedback went live on 10th January 2022 and will be concluded on 7th February 2022. (continue reading)
  • Universal Code of Conduct Ratification - In 2021, the WMF asked communities about how to enforce the Universal Code of Conduct policy text. The revised draft of the enforcement guidelines should be ready for community vote in March. (continue reading)
  • Movement Strategy Implementation Grants - As we continue to review several interesting proposals, we encourage and welcome more proposals and ideas that target a specific initiative from the Movement Strategy recommendations. (continue reading)
  • The New Direction for the Newsletter - As the UCoC Newsletter transitions into MSG Newsletter, join the facilitation team in envisioning and deciding on the new directions for this newsletter. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about the UCoC on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

RamzyM (WMF) 07:14, 14 Enero 2022 (UTC)

Additional question to the Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees electionsUsba

Dear ESEAP project communities,

I am reaching out to you today about an additional question to the Call for Feedback about Board of Trustees elections that I posted above. The Board has approved an additional question which we seek feedback to:

How should affiliates participate in the elections? Affiliates are an important part of the Wikimedia movement. Two seats of the Board of Trustees due to be filled this year were filled in 2019 through the Affiliate-selected Board seats process. A change in the Bylaws removed the distinction between community and affiliate seats. This leaves the important question: How should affiliates be involved in the selection of new seats?

The Board of Trustees is seeking feedback about this last question especially, although not solely, from the affiliate community. Everyone is invited to share proposals and join the conversation in the Call for Feedback channels. In addition to collecting online feedback, the Movement Strategy and Governance team will organize several video calls with affiliate members to collect feedback. These calls will be at different times and include Trustees.

On behalf of the Movement Strategy and Governance team,

RamzyM (WMF) 03:08, 22 Enero 2022 (UTC)

#WikiForHumanRights Conversation Hour - ESEAP CommunitiesUsba

#WikiForHumanRights is back!

We are calling all organizers, Wikimedia affiliates, and individuals to help us organize the WikiForHumanRights 2022 campaign this year, which focuses once again on the Right to a Healthy Environment, the newest human right to be recognized by the UN.

Interested but not sure how or what to do? Need help in getting started? Join our regional support hour for Asian communities and learn everything you need to know to begin taking action. We will have representatives from the community resource team talk about what you need to know about the funding opportunities for your campaign. You can read our new post on diff.

Date: January 29, 2022, Saturday
Time: 15:00 UTC+8:00
Zoom: https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/86011791455

You may also write to campaigns@wikimedia.org or join the Telegram channel.


Best,

Foundation Programs Team

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:18, 28 Enero 2022 (UTC)

Leadership Development Task Force: Your feedback is appreciatedUsba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Task Force. The purpose of the task force is to advise leadership development work.

The team is looking for feedback about the responsibilities of the Leadership Development Task Force. This Meta page shares the proposal for a Leadership Development Task Force and how you can help. Feedback on the proposal will be collected from 7 to 25 February 2022.

Best, RamzyM (WMF) 11:56, 9 Pebrero 2022 (UTC)

Updates on the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines ReviewUsba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees released a statement on the ratification process for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement Guidelines.

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire movement. The UCoC and the Enforcement Guidelines were written by volunteer-staff drafting committees following community consultations.

The revised guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the policy across the movement. There is a list of changes made to the guidelines after the enforcement draft guidelines review. Comments about the guidelines can be shared on the Enforcement Guidelines talk page on Meta-wiki.

To help to understand the guidelines and process, the Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team will be hosting Conversation Hours on 4 February 2022 at 15:00 UTC, 25 February 2022 at 12:00 UTC, and 4 March 2022 at 15:00 UTC. Join the conversation hours to speak with the UCoC project team and drafting committee members about the updated guidelines and voting process.

The timeline is available on Meta-wiki. The voting period is March 7 to 21. All eligible voters will have an opportunity to support or oppose the adoption of the Enforcement guidelines, and share why. See the voting information page for more details.

Many participants from across the movement have provided valuable input in these ongoing conversations. The UCoC and MSG teams want to thank the Drafting Committee and the community members for their contributions to this process.

Sincerely,

Movement Strategy and Governance
Wikimedia Foundation

RamzyM (WMF) 16:37, 12 Pebrero 2022 (UTC)

Upcoming Conversation Hours on 25 February and 4 MarchUsba

The Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team is hosting Conversation Hours on Universal Code of Conduct enforcement ratification on 25 February 2022 at 12:00 UTC and 4 March 2022 at 15:00 UTC.

Please sign-up for these conversation hours to interact with the project team and the drafting committee about the updated enforcement guidelines and the ratification process. See the Conversation Hour summaries for notes from 4 February 2022. For more information, contact either team by email: msg wikimedia.org or ucocproject wikimedia.org

Best, RamzyM (WMF) (talk) 03:22, 22 Pebrero 2022 (UTC)

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now closedUsba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now closed. This Call ran from 10 January and closed on 16 February 2022. The Call focused on three key questions and received broad discussion on Meta-wiki, during meetings with affiliates, and in various community conversations. The community and affiliates provided many proposals and discussion points. The reports are on Meta-wiki.

This information will be shared with the Board of Trustees and Elections Committee so they can make informed decisions about the upcoming Board of Trustees election. The Board of Trustees will then follow with an announcement after they have discussed the information.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Call for Feedback to help improve Board election processes.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

RamzyM (WMF) 08:39, 3 Marso 2022 (UTC)

Invitation to Hubs event: Global Conversation on 2022-03-12 at 13:00 UTCUsba

Hello!

The Movement Strategy and Governance team of the Wikimedia Foundation would like to invite you to the next event about "Regional and Thematic Hubs". The Wikimedia Movement is in the process of understanding what Regional and Thematic Hubs should be. Our workshop in November was a good start (read the report), but we're not finished yet.

Over the last weeks we conducted about 16 interviews with groups working on establishing a Hub in their context (see Hubs Dialogue). These interviews informed a report that will serve as a foundation for discussion on March 12. The report is planned to be published on March 9.

The event will take place on March 12, 13:00 to 16:00 UTC on Zoom. Interpretation will be provided in French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, and Portuguese. Registration is open, and will close on March 10. Anyone interested in the topic is invited to join us. More information on the event on Meta-wiki.

Best regards,

Kaarel Vaidla
Movement Strategy

09:56, 7 Marso 2022 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement guidelines ratification voting open from 7 to 21 March 2022Usba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

The ratification voting process for the revised enforcement guidelines of the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) is now open! Voting commenced on SecurePoll on 7 March 2022 and will conclude on 21 March 2022. Please read more on the voter information and eligibility details.

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire movement. The revised enforcement guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the policy across the movement. You can read more about the UCoC project.

You can also comment on Meta-wiki talk pages in any language. You may also contact the team by email: ucocproject wikimedia.org

Sincerely,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Wikimedia Foundation

RamzyM (WMF) 00:41, 11 Marso 2022 (UTC)

Leadership Development Working Group: Apply to join! (14 March to 10 April 2022)Usba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone who participated in the feedback period for the Leadership Development Working Group initiative. A summary of the feedback can be found on Meta-wiki. This feedback will be shared with the working group to inform their work. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and will close on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group, share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.

Thank you,

From the Community Development team

RamzyM (WMF) 16:12, 14 Marso 2022 (UTC)

Join the Community Resilience and Sustainability Conversation Hour with Maggie DennisUsba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Community Resilience and Sustainability team at the Wikimedia Foundation is hosting a conversation hour led by its Vice President Maggie Dennis.

Topics within scope for this call include Movement Strategy, Board Governance, Trust and Safety, the Universal Code of Conduct, Community Development, and Human Rights. Come with your questions and feedback, and let's talk! You can also send us your questions in advance.

The meeting will be on 24 March 2022 at 15:00 UTC (check your local time).

You can read details on Meta-wiki.

Looking forward to seeing you on the call,

RamzyM (WMF) 13:18, 21 Marso 2022 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement guidelines ratification voting is now closedUsba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Greetings,

The ratification voting process for the revised enforcement guidelines of the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) came to a close on 21 March 2022. Over 2300 Wikimedians voted across different regions of our movement. Thank you to everyone who participated in this process! The scrutinizing group is now reviewing the vote for accuracy, so please allow up to two weeks for them to finish their work.

The final results from the voting process will be announced here, along with the relevant statistics and a summary of comments as soon as they are available. Please check out the voter information page to learn about the next steps. You can comment on the project talk page on Meta-wiki in any language. You may also contact the UCoC project team by email: ucocproject wikimedia.org

Best regards,

Movement Strategy and Governance

RamzyM (WMF) 01:25, 25 Marso 2022 (UTC)

Leadership Development Working Group: Reminder to apply by 10 April 2022Usba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Working Group. The purpose of the working group is to advise leadership development work. Feedback was collected in February 2022 and a summary of the feedback is on Meta-wiki. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and is closing soon on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group, share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.

Thank you,

From the Community Development team

RamzyM (WMF) 13:54, 31 Marso 2022 (UTC)

Cebuano on Language Learning AppsUsba

Hello! Is there someone already planning or working on adding the Cebuano or Tagalog language courses to any language learning app? I was thinking about the free and well-known app Duolingo... I would be very interested in learning one of the languages, but it's hard to find a way to learn and practice in Italy. Thank you very much to anyone answering this. Fabiano 62.240.135.1 15:56, 31 Marso 2022 (UTC)

Join the Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan conversations with Maryana IskanderUsba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello,

The Movement Communications and Movement Strategy and Governance teams invite you to discuss the 2022-23 Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan, a plan of record for the Wikimedia Foundation's work.

These conversations continue Maryana Iskander's Wikimedia Foundation Chief Executive Officer listening tour.

The conversations are about these questions:

  • The 2030 Wikimedia Movement Strategy sets a direction toward "knowledge as a service" and "knowledge equity". The Wikimedia Foundation wants to plan according to these two goals. How do you think the Wikimedia Foundation should apply them to our work?
  • The Wikimedia Foundation continues to explore better ways of working at a regional level. We have increased our regional focus in areas like grants, new features, and community conversations. What is working well? How can we improve?
  • Anyone can contribute to the Movement Strategy process. Let's collect your activities, ideas, requests, and lessons learned. How can the Wikimedia Foundation better support the volunteers and affiliates working in Movement Strategy activities?

You can find the schedule of calls on Meta-wiki.

The information will be available in multiple languages. Each call will be open to anyone to attend. Live interpretation will be available in some calls.

Best regards,

RamzyM (WMF) 15:54, 14 Abril 2022 (UTC)

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 6Usba

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 6, April 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the sixth issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News! This revamped newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Strategy Implementation grants, Board of trustees elections and other relevant MSG topics.

This Newsletter will be distributed quarterly, while the more frequent Updates will also be delivered weekly. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive future issues of this newsletter.

  • Leadership Development - A Working Group is Forming! - The application to join the Leadership Development Working Group closed on April 10th, 2022, and up to 12 community members will be selected to participate in the working group. (continue reading)
  • Universal Code of Conduct Ratification Results are out! - The global decision process on the enforcement of the UCoC via SecurePoll was held from 7 to 21 March. Over 2,300 eligible voters from at least 128 different home projects submitted their opinions and comments. (continue reading)
  • Movement Discussions on Hubs - The Global Conversation event on Regional and Thematic Hubs was held on Saturday, March 12, and was attended by 84 diverse Wikimedians from across the movement. (continue reading)
  • Movement Strategy Grants Remain Open! - Since the start of the year, six proposals with a total value of about $80,000 USD have been approved. Do you have a movement strategy project idea? Reach out to us! (continue reading)
  • The Movement Charter Drafting Committee is All Set! - The Committee of fifteen members which was elected in October 2021, has agreed on the essential values and methods for its work, and has started to create the outline of the Movement Charter draft. (continue reading)
  • Introducing Movement Strategy Weekly - Contribute and Subscribe! - The MSG team have just launched the updates portal, which is connected to the various Movement Strategy pages on Meta-wiki. Subscriber to get up-to-date news about the various ongoing projects. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about Movement Strategy on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

RamzyM (WMF) 06:43, 16 Abril 2022 (UTC)

Merge Amblycerus categoriesUsba

Kategoriya:Amblycerus and Kategoriya:Amblycerus (Chrysomelidae) should be merged. I have already unlinked the empty one from Wikidata. --Bdijkstra (talk) 13:38, 22 Abril 2022 (UTC)

Next steps: Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) and UCoC Enforcement GuidelinesUsba

The Community Affairs Committee of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees would like to thank everyone who participated in the recently concluded community vote on the Enforcement Guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC).

The volunteer scrutinizing group has completed the review of the accuracy of the vote and has reported the total number of votes received as 2,283. Out of the 2,283 votes received, a total of 1,338 (58.6%) community members voted for the enforcement guidelines, and a total of 945 (41.4%) community members voted against it. In addition, 658 participants left comments with 77% of the comments written in English.

We recognize and appreciate the passion and commitment that community members have demonstrated in creating a safe and welcoming culture that stops hostile and toxic behavior, supports people targeted by such behavior, and encourages good faith people to be productive on the Wikimedia projects.

Even at this incomplete stage, this is evident in the comments received. While the Enforcement Guidelines did reach a threshold of support necessary for the Board to review, we encouraged voters, regardless of which way they were voting, to provide feedback on the elements of the enforcement guidelines that they felt needed to be changed or fixed, as well as why, in case it seemed advisable to launch a further round of edits that would address community concerns.

Foundation staff who have been reviewing comments have advised us of some of the emerging themes, and as a result we have decided as Community Affairs Committee to ask the Foundation to reconvene the drafting committee and to undertake another community engagement to refine the enforcement guidelines based on the community feedback received from the recently concluded vote.

For clarity, this feedback has been clustered into 4 sections as follows:

  1. To identify the type, purpose, and applicability of the training;
  2. To simplify the language for easier translation and comprehension by non-experts;
  3. To explore the concept of affirmation, including its pros and cons;
  4. To review the conflicting roles of privacy/victim protection and right to be heard.

Other issues may emerge during conversations, and particularly as the draft Enforcement Guidelines evolve, but we see these as the primary areas of concern for voters and are asking staff to facilitate review of these issues. After further engagement, the Foundation should re-run the community vote to evaluate the revamped Enforcement Outline to see if the new document is then ready for its official ratification.

Further, we are aware of the concerns with the note 3.1 in the Universal Code of Conduct Policy. We are directing the Foundation to facilitate a review of this language to ensure that the Policy meets its intended purposes of supporting a safe and inclusive community, without waiting for the planned review of the entire Policy at the end of year.

Again, we thank all who participated, thinking about these critical and difficult challenges and contributing to better approaches across the movement to working together well.

Best,

Rosie

Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight (she/her)
Acting Chair, Community Affairs Committee
Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

RamzyM (WMF) 02:39, 25 Abril 2022 (UTC)

2022 Board of Trustees Call for CandidatesUsba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Board of Trustees seeks candidates for the 2022 Board of Trustees election. Read more on Meta-wiki.

The 2022 Board of Trustees election is here! Please consider submitting your candidacy to serve on the Board of Trustees.

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees oversees the Wikimedia Foundation's operations. Community-and-affiliate selected trustees and Board-appointed trustees make up the Board of Trustees. Each trustee serves a three year term. The Wikimedia community has the opportunity to vote for community-and-affiliate selected trustees.

The Wikimedia community will vote to fill two seats on the Board in 2022. This is an opportunity to improve the representation, diversity, and expertise of the Board as a team.

Who are potential candidates? Are you a potential candidate? Find out more on the Apply to be a Candidate page.

Thank you for your support,

Movement Strategy and Governance on behalf of the Elections Committee and the Board of Trustees

RamzyM (WMF) 15:47, 25 Abril 2022 (UTC)

Call for volunteers: 2022 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees electionUsba

<languages/> The Movement Strategy and Governance team is looking for community members to serve as election volunteers in the upcoming Board of Trustees election.

The idea of the Election Volunteer Program came up during the 2021 Wikimedia Board of Trustees Election. This program turned out to be successful. With the help of Election Volunteers we were able to increase outreach and participation in the election by 1,753 voters over 2017. Overall turnout was 10.13%, 1.1 percentage points more, and 214 wikis were represented in the election.

But a total of 74 wikis that did not participate in 2017 produced voters in the 2021 election. Can you help change the participation?

Election volunteers will help in the following areas:

  • Translate short messages and announce the ongoing election process in community channels
  • Optional: Monitor community channels for community comments and questions

Volunteers should:

  • Maintain the friendly space policy during conversations and events
  • Present the guidelines and voting information to the community in a neutral manner

Do you want to be an election volunteer and ensure your community is represented in the vote? Sign up here to receive updates. You can use the talk page for questions about translation.

Best regards,

RamzyM (WMF) 10:15, 5 Mayo 2022 (UTC)

Announcing the members of the Leadership Development Working GroupUsba

Hello all,

Following up my previous message about the Leadership Development Working Group: the Community Development Team has completed the candidate selection process and is happy to announce fifteen volunteers that are beginning work on this project.

Thank you for your support and participation throughout the process!

For the Community Development team,

RamzyM (WMF) 16:25, 12 Mayo 2022 (UTC)

Updates on the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement GuidelinesUsba

Hello all,

I’d like to share an update on the work on the Enforcement Guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC):

Please let me know if you have any questions about these next steps.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,
RamzyM (WMF) 12:46, 30 Mayo 2022 (UTC)

2022 Board of Trustees Call for CandidatesUsba

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The 2022 Board of Trustees election Call for Candidates has now closed. This Call led 12 candidates from the community to submit their applications. Learn more about the 2022 Board of Trustees candidates.

The Analysis Committee will now consider the candidates’ applications with the skills and criteria provided by the Board. The trustees seek certain skills and competencies to improve the capacity of the Board. After the Analysis Committee completes their review, the ratings of each candidate will be published. These ratings are for informational purposes only.

For more information about the 2022 Board election, you may find the timeline, voting information and other ways to get involved on Meta-wiki.

Thank you for your support,

Movement Strategy and Governance on behalf of the Elections Committee and the Board of Trustees

RamzyM (WMF) 03:56, 1 Hunyo 2022 (UTC)

Return to the project page "Embahada".